See interactive map at: http://www.discoveramerica.com/ca/places.html
National Parks, National Legacy CD
Discover America is the official travel and tourism Web site of the United States. Sponsored by the Travel Industry Association (TIA) with support from the U.S. Department of Commerce, several of the State Tourism Offices and Convention and Visitors Bureaus, and leading travel industry partners, the site is an invitation call to explore the diverse destinations found throughout the USA. The 50 states, the District of Columbia and five territories are filled with landmarks that have become icons of the nation itself. Countless experiences await visitors, from scenic coastlines and mountain ranges to vast prairies, deserts and canyons. The excitement of America's cities is matched by the charms of its smaller communities. All showcase the heritage and culture of the United States.
U.S. Visa Regulations
Under U.S. visa law and regulations, German citizens do not generally need to obtain a visa if they intend to travel to the United States for business or pleasure for a period of 90 days or less. Please consult our visa pages for more information. Information about customs requirements is available from the U.S. Customs & Border Protection.
The U.S. does not operate a national tourist office in Germany for consumer tourist information. A number of tourist destinations, including individual state and territorial tourism offices, and regional Visitors Bureaus have representation in Europe. Regardless of where they are located, they are useful sources of information. Visit USA, a professional association of state governmental, non-profit and commercial organizations nonprofit group, works closely with German travel agencies.
Tourist information & brochures available from:
Visit USA Committee Germany e.V.
State tourist offices & other tourist industry representatives in Germany
The Visit USA Committee includes representatives of state tourism offices in Germany, airlines, theme parks, rental car companies and travel agencies.
Tourism Offices & Visitors Bureaus
· DiscoverAmerica (Official travel and tourism website of the U.S.)
· Tourist Offices USA (Travel Industry Association)
· Climate of Major U.S. Cities
· General Travel Resources
· How Far Is It?
· Maps of the U.S.
· National Parks, National Legacy CD
· Statistical Abstract 2006: Arts, Entertainment & Recreation CD
Transportation & Accommodation
· Airports (US International and Regional)
· American Public Transportation Association: United States Local and State Transit Web Sites
· Greyhound Lines --The Internet Bus Station
· Hostelling International - American Youth Hostels
· State Transportation Web Sites
· Travelweb: Hotel Reservations and Flight Reservations
· Go Camping America
· National Park Service: Reservation System
· Directory of Theme Parks, Amusement Parks, Waterparks & Zoos
· Focus Special: Dude Ranches
· Legendary Lighthouses
· Park Search United States
· American Discovery Trail
· Go Northwest.com (Idaho, Oregon, Montana, Washington)
· Great Lakes Information Network
· Magazin USA
· Online Highways.com
· Roadside America - Guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
· Roadtrip USA
· See America
· Step into History Where the Past is Alive
· Summer Trips - Hidden Treasures (CNN.com)
· USA Travel Guide
· Voice of America: Visiting the United States
Texts are abridged from U.S. State Department IIP publications and other U.S. government materials. What kind of information materials are available?
CD: These documents are available in fulltext format on the About the USA CD-ROM. Teachers: Request a copy for classroom use.
L: Selected documents are available in German as well as other languages, including Arabic, Chinese, French, Spanish, Persian and Turkish.
Any reference obtained from this server to a specific commercial product, process, or service does not constitute or imply an endorsement by the United States Government of the product, process, or service, or its producer or provider. The views and opinions expressed in any referenced document do not necessarily state or reflect those of the United States Government.
U.S. Diplomatic Mission to Germany /Public Affairs/ Information Resource Centers
Updated: February 2010